Monday, November 5, 2012

Enjoying my journey continues......

In 2000, I decided no more perms! My hair was thinning.  So, the beginning of box braids extension and cornrows done by the Africans of course began.  Needless to say 10 years later not only was my hair thinning, but my edges seem to be disappearing…..
February 2011, after a bad hair day I found YOUTUBE! And I swear my life as a natural began.  I think that year I end up dropping all my classes because I could not stop watching videos on how to do my hair.  I was so excited about learning how to care for my hair, skin, and body I didn’t know what to do.
What excited me the most was actually seeing others do their hair, care for their skin, and actually work out and lose the weight! Wow!  The enjoyment I had, I would run home after work straight to my office and YouTube here I go…
 I’ve read plenty of magazines, articles, but nothing like watching these young women with my eyes.
Almost, 2 years later  I can share my experience of what I learned so far!

·     PATIENCE - patience with learning, handling, and growing my hair.


·    PRODUCT – there is no MIRACLE product that will grow your hair.  Our hair grows the key is to retain the length.  Products are designed for styling, cleaning, strengthen, and preventing dryness.  What may work for you may not work for someone else.   

 

·    PROTECTIVE – protective styles….. Here I learned that wearing protective styles help your hair retain length.  Do you have to wear protective styles for your natural hair to grow? No!    

 I continue to love my hair and want to share with others that this is not a Fad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment