Friday, October 5, 2012

HOW TO GO NATURAL?

We all talk about going natural and some of us actually do it many don’t.  So, how do you go natural and what does it mean?
It seems like a simple enough question right; ask yourself these 3 questions to see if you are ready to go natural?
1.       Can I accept my hair texture?
2.       Am I ready to deal with negativity?
3.       Do I have the time to do my hair?
Going natural means letting your relaxed hair grow out so you can enjoy its natural texture. Yup, that’s it simple right.   
So, how do I do that? You will just no longer use a relaxer on your hair!
Then, what do I do with it? You will begin transiting….which means going from relaxed hair to natural hair.  Here are 4 ways African American woman choose to go natural:
·         The big chop (BC) – to cut off all your hair  
·         Braids – crown rows, flat twist, two strand twist, plaits, micros, etc
·         Grow it out – this will require more work you just simple do your hair as you wish and as your new growth come in you cut off the ends of the relaxed hair until you have no more relaxed hair. Some styles used during this process are flexi rods, roller set curls, buns, etc
·         Dread Locks – locking hair together.
I choose to do 2 out of the 4: braids and grow it out and have enjoyed every moment of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment